Hair Care Tips/Instructions
We highly recommend co-washing your hair before installing. Co-washing is a method of washing hair with conditioner only. When co-washing your hair you should use a moisturizing conditioner to wash the hair with warm water. Rinse the hair with cold water. Allow your hair to air dry before installing (don’t roll or rub hair into a towel). To prevent shedding of your hair; seal your wefts and try to prevent cutting the wefts (only cut wefts if needed); this will allow your bundles to last longer.
Keep styling products to a minimum for it weighs the hair down. We recommend daily use of coconut oil weightless hydrating oil mist by OGX to prevent hair from drying out. When using heat always apply a heat protectant agent.
At night do not sleep on wet hair. Always sleep with a satin scarf/bonnet or on a silk pillow.
- Always use Non-Sulfate Shampoo and Conditioner products on your extensions.
- Deep Condition your bundles twice a month for at least one hour with a good quality conditioner. The deeper the conditioning the better.
- When washing your bundles always use lukewarm water for retaining of moisture and nutrients in your bundles.
CURLY TEXTURES DAILY CARE
- Mix a good Leave In-Conditioner with water in a spray bottle.
- Spray onto bundles (make sure you comb through your extensions with a wide tooth comb beginning at the ends and working your way to your scalp).
- Shape the hair by scrunching it up and twirling pieces around a finger.
- Let hair air-dry then style your hair as desired.
- DO NOT comb after it is dry otherwise it will tangle and mat.
- Part hair into sections and twist at night before applying silk scarf/bonnet.
- Avoid using brushes, narrow-toothed combs and touching your hair as much as possible after it has been set. This can separate your curls and lead to unwanted frizz.
HAIR CARE PRODUCTS
Use brand name products such as Bundle City Hair Care, OGX, Mixed-Chicks, Herbal Essence or KeraCare are highly recommended. Use a good (leave-in) conditioner to keep your hair soft. Don’t overdo it. Too much conditioner or any other hair care product can cause a buildup and tangling. Avoid hair products that contain alcohol. Alcohol makes hair dry. Ask your stylist what would be the best products for your hair if in doubt.
COARSE HAIR CONSIDERATIONS:
If you are planning to purchase coarse-textured hair, please note that the coarser the hair is; the more prone to damage it can be. Coarse hair is fragile hair. It requires moisture and TLC. The ends can break under heat or manipulation more easily than softer hair will. The lifespan of coarse hair will be shorter than the lifespan of softer hair. Please keep this in mind when purchasing.
Please know that the more coarse the hair is the more it will react to the elements (weather). If you do not like poofy, frizzy, natural looking coarse hair, you should not purchase a very coarse texture. Most women who like this texture, purchase it because they are natural (unrelaxed), and want a hair type that will compliment and react similarly to how their natural hair reacts to the elements (heat, humidity, rain, etc.)